Saturday 22 October 2011

Death of the hero!

The other day I recieved this wonderful piece of artwork from artist and friend Robin Barnard. Iron Man #230, the classic 'Death of the Hero' was one of the first issues I ever bought, part 6 of the classic 'Armor Wars' storyline, containing possibly my favourite armor, the silver Centurion! 


Let's talk a little bit about the artist. Robin Barnard is a practicing artist who has a real passion for comics, he is the creator/writer/illustrator of the excellent weekly comic magazine 'Images Degrading Forever' which is an ongoing of the exploration and analysis of comic books and their creators, at the moment IDF is focusing on recreating issue 186 of Frank Miller and Klaus Jansons famous Daredevil run. I urge you to go and pick this up, it's great stuff, every week at orbital comics.

If you want to check out the home of Images Degrading Forever, visit imagesdegradingforever.blogspot.com

Robins work has been published in Dave Sims 'Glamourpuss' #12, where he himself is proclaimed as the 'genius behind Photo-Primitivism' I first got in touch with Robin when I discovered IDF, I emailed him, and he generously let me contribute a page of artwork, which was a really rewarding project. Robin really nicely sent his original drawing of Iron Man #230 to say thankyou, which was an amazing gesture.


Next week my drawing will be published in IDF aswell as a small interview from me about my work. You can see an interview with Robin all about his work for glamourpuss, and his ways of working on Matt Seneca's blog:

http://deathtotheuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/05/robin-barnard.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...