Wednesday 3 November 2010

getting going. . .

I realised from the making of the prototype that I don't have anything to go from, I'm just trying to make something out of scratch, I need a jump off point. This Captain America figure I bought in Harrow has the perfect body shape, and embodies the american spirit. I will use this figure as a guide. I've decided that I will not be having the bending knee as it is something I can simply not do.


I've been thinking about assembly, and the simplest thing to do, is carve my parts from sculpey, then using silicone rubber, make moulds from them, and then use resin, poured into the silicone moulds to produce a product that is lightweight and has a shiny quality.

I found these exquisite sculpts of the Green Arrow figure from Kenner's SUPER POWERS line 1984. The light coloured pieces are hand sculpted from wax, and the dark pieces are moulds made in plastic.
 These pieces are so detailed, to think someone carved them is unreal, just look at the hand below on the left, it has such a natural graceness to it, I can just imagine it gripping an arrow



Just look at these heads, imagine the intricate delicacy it must have taken to craft that face, and get the texture in the beard, and the ruffles in the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...