Monday 8 November 2010

'How It Works'

I found aload of old Ladybird books today, 27 in fact! I bought them because when I was a little boy, me and my brother had loads of these, my memories of them are of really detailed illustrations, and excellant cover art.

I've selected a few covers that I love. These books show the varied range of subjects that Ladybird tried to cover, so that children could learn just about anything.




This cover really sticks out, it's about such an interesting subject.


The range is so varied, books all about jobs were made. This is great, I always wondered what my dad did at work.


Here are some amazing inside art from ' The Customs Officer' I love how these books were aimed at children, yet, they were still treated as serious things, and had such a high professional standard of art, they really invested in the idea that kids can be advanced and creative.


A few of my favourites...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...