Tuesday 9 November 2010

J.F.YAY!

Here are pictures of the finished JFK figure, it took over two weeks to carve, and i'm really pleased with the way its turned out. I think it does have a resemblance, what do you think?


Since you last saw it, I've sanded everything down, I've finished engraving the suit, and added flaps to the hips to look like a jacket.
The head was the hardest part as I felt there was so much pressure to get this right. You can't see, but there are lots of folds and wrinkles to the face, as I wanted to show an aging gritty kennedy.


 Alot of the detail was applied through layering thin pieces of sculpey onto the joints, and gently indenting into it to make folds and marks, then baking to lock in the detail. It's a very good way of doing this, as if you make a mistake, its very easily correctable.




 

 I made the hands have two different grips to add variety. One could hold a flag, the other could hold a briefcase, or something that isnt straight.


 I'm most happy with the legs, and I'm really pleased as all the joints move correctly, even the head spins all the way around.


 I've added alot more detail to the legs, more waves and folds, and smoothed it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...