Wednesday 3 November 2010

Stages

Using Sculpey I created this, an experiment for the JFK figure, I found it very hard as the sculpey was so maluable that my slightest movements effected the final outcome. Every time I held the material to sculpt, it would alter its form. This figure was assembled from 5 seperate parts glued together, it's not poseable, but it does stand.

I used this figure as a tester, and found out that I can use acrylic paint on my figure, shown here. I also realise that folds are very hard to achieve, I need a tool with a rounded edge. I'd like to do some experiments with the sculpey itself as I've noticed that when it's cooked is still brittle, and can be cut, and sanded. Also, the form on the figure is wrong. You can see on the picture below the knees and arms need a slight bend, the shoes need heels, and the chest needs to stick out more, whereas the back needs a curve inwards. I havn't attempted the head, as I feel I need to be of a better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...