Wednesday 3 November 2010

Sneak Peek

Here are the first pictures of my JFK action figure. Halfway through sculpting. I made these by forming sculpey into the basic shape of the part that I wanted, I then baked it till hard, and then carved into that, adding more sculpey, then baking again to work over. I created ruffles by laying a thin layer of sculpey onto the part, and with a rounded tool, gently rolled it into that.


This picture shows how the limbs are connected, CUT JOINTS, these are specially cut circles that interlock into specially shaped joints. They provide a secure hold and also allow full rotation of the arms and the head.  


I've made the hand open grip, so he can grasp accessories. The arms have a slight bend in, to make the figure look more natural.
Torso without suit carved in, I think I got the shape right
This head needs to be larger, and thickened out, Kennedy's head was quite round.
This picture shows all 9 parts. The final figure will have only 7 parts as the two hip parts will be attached to the torso and back.
I have tried to create trousers that have ruffles

The legs have a slight bend in to resemble realism of posture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...